The Real Person of the Novel, Sangnoksu Choi Yongsin
The main character of Shim Hum’s novel Sangnoksu (Evergreen Tree), Chae Yeongsin, was modeled after Choi Yongshin (1909~1935) who was a teacher in Bono-dong in 1931. During the Japanese reign, she participated in the enlightenment movement of agricultural areas, but died at the young age of 26. The city of Ansan has financed the Yongsin Service Award since 1990. In 1995, Choi Yongsin was given a posthumous medal of patriotism. In 1996, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism raised the Shim Hun (1901~1936) literary monument in Seongpo Art Park to preserve the spirit of Choi Yongsin.
Location : 879-4 Bono-dong, Sangnok-gu, Ansan-si
- 5 minutes from Sangnoksu Station, between Sinan Apt. and Woosung Apt.
- Buses: 22, 33, 71, 99, 99-1, 101, 111, 125, 11, 11-2
- Coach buses: 707, 909 get off at Sangnoksu Station 5 minute walk
Local Relics 18 (Ansan-si)
- Culture and Tourism Dept.: 031-481-2789
- Ansan Culture Center : 031-415-0041
- Menu administrator
- Information and Technology Division Information Planning Team / 031-481-3292